What are "blocks" ?
- We designed our canvas in such a way that you can build your Piktochart visual one block at a time. It is a great way to split your visual into sections. Blocks allow you the freedom to then rearrange your visual to suit your liking.
- Each block can be edited separately to have a different look and feel - or you can clone blocks for a unified look across multiple blocks. Build your visual out of uniformly sized blocks and turn your visual into a presentation.
How do I edit them?
First click the block you want to edit to select it. Six buttons will appear to the left of the block. From the top, the block buttons allow you different functions as described below.
1. ‘+’ will add a new, empty block to to your canvas. The new block will appear below with the same background and dimensions as the block you initially selected.
2. To change the order of your canvas blocks, click the 2nd button to move the selected block up, and
3. The 3rd button moves it down.
4. The ‘=’ button will clone the block, adding it as a new block with identical elements below. Note that our cloning in this matter is not the same as copying; you can’t paste it into a new canvas.
5. The ‘x’ icon deletes the block from your visual.
To edit the size of your blocks (you can set it to letter, A4 or a custom size) click the Gear at the bottom is for Settings, which allows you to resize your canvas. You can input your canvas' desired block width and height.